Registered Practical Nurse - Primary Care
For more than 30 years, the London InterCommunity Health Centre has provided health and social services to those who experience barriers to care including poverty, homelessness, language or culture, and complex and/or chronic health conditions including mental health and addictions. Today, with four busy clinics in three of London’s most under-served regions, the organization is viewed as a community leader in newcomer health, care of marginalized women, issues of health equity, client-led service development and the advancement of partnerships that improve access to vital services for people who are at the margins in our community. Throughout the COVID-19 pandemic, we have maintained our operations in a centralized location and innovated new ways to continue to support our staff and clients through this difficult time with minimal interruption to our service delivery.
About the Position
The Health Centre seeks a Registered Practical Nurse (RPN) to provide support across two of our busy clinics. This position offers a unique opportunity to make a difference in the lives of people significantly marginalized by poverty, addiction, mental health, and housing issues.
The RPN delivers comprehensive primary care nursing including analysis of health behaviours related to lifestyle and culture, review of client’s medical history, physical assessments, and in collaboration with the client, development and implementation of person-centred care plans.
The RPN works as a member of a multi-disciplinary team supported by physicians, nurse practitioners, dietitians, social workers, outreach workers, community development workers, and support staff. The RPN also functions and participates in the development, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of programs, services and quality improvement initiatives for the communities served.
The successful candidate will act with professionalism and courtesy toward clients, the general public and colleagues, and will demonstrate the integral qualities of excellent customer service in order to provide high quality care aligned with the values of the Health Centre.
This full-time position typically works Monday to Friday, 37.5 hours per week with some evening flexibility required.
• Post secondary diploma (RPN) from a recognized college
• Current registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario
• 3-5 years of RPN experience in a community setting OR combination of community and hospital or public health setting; experience in a primary care setting is an asset
• Ability to work with diverse communities with respect, sensitivity, creativity, innovation, cultural understanding, and non-judgement
• Awareness and understanding of the social determinants of health and health promotion
• Excellent written and oral communication and interpersonal skills
• Strong computer skills, including the use of MS Office Products and Electronic Medical Records (Practice Solutions Suite currently in use)
• Ability to maintain complete and accurate records in accordance with the Health Centre’s policies
Nice to Haves:
• French and other language skills are considered an asset in supporting the communities we serve
What’s in it for you:
With a strong focus on employee well-being and development, LIHC is proud to support our staff with a wellstructured
• A competitive salary
• 100% employer-paid health and dental benefits
• Participation in the Healthcare of Ontario Pension Plan (HOOPP)
• Paid sick and emergency time to tend to self and family care
• Paid vacation time
• Paid time to promote mental well-being
• Paid professional development time and funds to support your career goals
• Numerous interdisciplinary training opportunities to promote growth in your role
How to Apply:
If you feel you are the right person for this role, please send a cover letter and resume by email to
firstname.lastname@example.org, stating the position title in the subject line of the email. Please also indicate in the
body of the email where you learned of this opportunity.
*With consideration for the COVID-19 pandemic, we can only accept applications by email at this time. Those
selected for interview will be contacted and interviews will be conducted using Zoom. If this technology
presents a barrier, arrangements can be made to best suit the needs of the applicant.*
Submissions will only be accepted until end of day August 6th, 2021.
The Health Centre is committed to hiring staff that reflect the diversity of the clients and community that we
Should you require accommodation in making an application please contact our office. We thank all applicants
for their interest, only those selected will be contacted.
To learn more about the Health Centre visit us online at www.lihc.on.ca, follow us on Twitter @HealthCentre or
like us on Facebook – London InterCommunity Health Centre.
More search results
RPN – Team Leader
The Darling Home for Kids
Registered Practical Nurse, Operating Room (RPN)
Registered Practical Nurse (RPN) Part-time
Nursing Resource Team Registered Practical Nurse …
Lake of the Woods District Hospital
Acute Care Registered Practical Nurse (Two (2) Pa…
Lake of the Woods District Hospital