Registered Practical Nurse - Full Time Permanent (1.0 FTE)
Position: Registered Practical Nurse
Status: Full Time Permanent (1.0 FTE)
Location: 366 Main St. East, Brampton, ON
Queen Square Family Health Team (QSFHT) provides accessible, equitable, patient-centred primary care to its local community. A talented, interdisciplinary team works collaboratively with Queen Square Doctors, and together, we serve 35,000 patients annually. We offer a wide range of programs and services including diabetes care, seniors’ wellness, palliative care support, mental health, maternal and children’s health and trans health. QSFHT is a dynamic organization meeting the community’s needs during the recent pandemic. We are a founding member of the Brampton/Etobicoke Ontario Health Team. We are proud of our continuing role in the health system as active seekers and participants in collaborations and partnerships that serve the diverse needs of our patients, clients, and team members.
We are seeking a Registered Practical Nurse (RPN) on a full-time basis to support patient care delivery and the implementation of programs that will optimize the health of our patients. Reporting to the Nursing Lead, this position will work as part of the team providing direct primary care for patients.
QSFHT is strongly committed to diversity within its community and especially welcomes applications from Black, Indigenous / Aboriginal People of North America, Persons of Colour, Women, Persons with Disabilities, LGBTQ2S+ Persons, and/or others who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas.
Our model is patient-centred and focused on providing care that is accessible to all, as such some coverage in the evenings or weekends may be expected.
The primary role of the RPN is to provide holistic, evidence-based, culturally appropriate, patient-centred quality care in accordance with the College of Nurses of Ontario standards. As a registered and licensed Registered Practical Nurse, you will:
- Organize patient care activities while working collaboratively with patients, families, and the inter-professional team. Specifically, provide episodic care in the nursing access clinic, COVID Cold & Flu Clinic and support home or virtual visits as appropriate and participate in the clinic’s same-day/next-day access program
- Collaborate with appropriate team members related to patient care needs
- Provide health education using effective teaching strategies that considers the patient / family’s learning needs, readiness, and motivation to learn and support patients as they strive to achieve the highest possible level of health
- Coordinate appropriate diagnostic tests and procedures in consultation with family physicians or in accordance with medical directives
- Document assessments and care to facilitate a current and accurate patient record and enable effective inter-professional communication
- Establish and maintain respectful, collaborative, therapeutic and inter-professional relationships within and across the FHT / programs (and others in the circle of care)
- Exercise reasonable care and caution in protecting confidential and sensitive information related to patients and personnel
- Embrace change that leads to improved nursing practice and better patient outcomes
- Perform other related duties as assigned by the Nursing Lead, Medical Director and/or Executive Director
As a member of the Queen Square Family Health Team, you will:
- Identify opportunities to improve patient care services and programs
- Contribute to the overall success of the Family Health Team
- Identify and be involved in quality improvement activities, including the collection of data for measurement, reporting and evaluation
- Participate in team building and team meetings
- Support and contribute to a healthy workplace that embraces lifelong learning, diversity, clinical teamwork, privacy, and adherence to professional standards of practice
- RPN license from College of Nurses of Ontario in good standing
- Recent related nursing experience; prefer two years working experience in a community-based or hospital-based clinical team
- BCLS/CPR/First aid trained
- Proof of professional liability insurance
- Experience working as part of an interdisciplinary team
- Comfortable with electronic documentation and use of technology in the workplace
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Confidence to practice independently within scope of practice
- Strong interpersonal and conflict resolution skills
- Strong clinical decision making
- Recognize the value and can work effectively in a collaborative team environment
Queen Square Family Health Team offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package, including medical and dental benefits and is a participating employer of the Healthcare of Ontario Pension Plan (HOOPP). We also offer an attractive and rewarding work environment.
Qualified candidates are invited to submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
More search results
RPN – Team Leader
The Darling Home for Kids
Registered Practical Nurse, Operating Room (RPN)
Registered Practical Nurse (RPN) Part-time
Nursing Resource Team Registered Practical Nurse …
Lake of the Woods District Hospital
Acute Care Registered Practical Nurse (Two (2) Pa…
Lake of the Woods District Hospital