Registered Practical Nurse, Operating Room (RPN)
Shouldice Hernia Hospital
75+ Years of Excellence
Position: Registered Practical Nurse, Operating Room (RPN)
Location: Shouldice Hospital, Thornhill, Ont.
Department: Operating Room
Job Status: Part-time
Shift: Weekdays & Weekends
Hours: 8 and 10 hr. Shifts
Why work at Shouldice Hospital?
At Shouldice Hospital, we pride ourselves on delivering the world’s best surgical outcomes and patient care in hernia treatment. We have an unwavering focus on our patients and commitment to our staff. We’ve created a culture where our people feel like family and are empowered to make a difference. As a family run facility, we place trust, integrity, teamwork, and caring at the heart of what we do.
We are a strong, positive and engaged team of people that are committed to excellence. We are invested in the growth and development of the team and each other. At Shouldice, we invest in our people and care about work life balance, happiness and satisfaction.
Shouldice Hospital sits on a large property that has the feel of tranquil grounds. The hospital is airy and full of sun light which makes for a welcoming environment to work. Staff is welcome to participate in a hot meal plan prepared by our chefs daily. We believe in having fun and host several celebratory lunches and parties for our team to enjoy.
We provide free parking for our staff, a meal plan made fresh daily by of chefs, BBQ’s in the spring and summer and special events that are enjoyed by our staff.
Reporting to the OR Manager, the Registered Practical Nurse provides holistic, quality and safe care to patients within the scope of practice identified by the College of Nurses of Ontario, evidence-based nursing practices, RNAO Best Practice Guidelines, and the policies and procedures set by Shouldice Hospital. As a member of and in collaboration with the inter-professional surgical team, the Registered Practical Nurse contributes to creating a world-class patient experience with every interaction throughout the patient journey based on professionalism, excellence in patient care, and Shouldice Hospital’s commitment to remain the world leader in Hernia surgery.
Qualifications and expectations
- Diploma in Practical Nursing from a recognized Canadian institution.
- Canadian Perioperative certification is required.
- Current registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario.
- Current Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS) certification required.
- Member of Registered Practical Nurses’ Association of Ontario (RPNAO) will be an asset.
- Knowledge of pre-op and post-op assessment, patient teaching, and documentation skills.
- Sound knowledge of CNO Practice Standards and Three Factor Framework.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and listening skills with an ability to work effectively with others.
- Demonstrated strong decision making, problem solving and critical thinking skills.
- Ability to effectively resolve conflict in a productive and respectful manner.
- Demonstrated commitment to continuous learning and professional development.
- Demonstrated commitment to quality care and safety with an ability to exercise sound professional judgment and use best practice guidelines and evidence-based practice.
- Knowledge of Regulated Health Professions Act, Occupational Health and Safety Act, WHMIS, and the Standards of Practice of the College of Nurses of Ontario.
- Experience and knowledge of Infection Prevention and Control measures in hospitals.
- Practices in accordance with the CNO’s Confidentiality and Privacy-Personal Health Information Practice Standard and adheres to the policies and procedures of Shouldice Hospital.
- Demonstrates behaviors consistent with Shouldice Hospital’s unwavering commitment to excellence in patient care and health care experience.
- Demonstrates values consistent with Shouldice Code of Conduct and is committed to fostering a healthy and positive work environment in accordance with Health & Safety policies and legislation.
- Please email your resume and cover letter firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that we do not confirm receipt of CV's or guarantee that all CV's received will be considered for future job openings.
More search results
Haliburton Kawartha Pine Ridge District Health Unit
Registered Practical Nurse - Telemedicine / Virtu…
Belleville and Quinte West Community Health Centre
Registered Practical Nurse - Full-time
Occupational Health and Safety Coordinator
Muskoka Algonquin Healthcare
REGISTERED PRACTICAL NURSE
West Park Healthcare Centre