About the Position: Our RPN positions include lots of autonomy, an exciting population to work with, all while you set a solid foundation of nursing skills to be able to work anywhere. If you’re looking for a new challenge, please read below to learn more about this exciting opportunity. Ottawa Inner City Health is an innovative and leading harm reduction organization providing life-saving care to individuals facing mental health, addictions, and/or homelessness. We know that individuals from this population struggle to receive proper health care and we are here to address those barriers. Our RPNs practice under a large scope and develop many skills including overdose response, trauma informed mental health care, wound care, clinical assessment and many more. We are a big team of incredibly passionate and skilled folks who love working in harm reduction. Many training opportunities offered. Our full-time positions offer a generous vacation and benefits package.
Ottawa Inner City Health is looking for both Full-time and Part-time RPNs to join our team as part of the Consumption & Treatment Services (CTS) program at the Shepherds of Good Hope (SGH), the Targeted Engagement and Diversion (TED) program, also located at SGH and the Hospice program, which is located at the Ottawa Mission. The successful incumbent will work closely with the OICH staff and partners' staff and managers working in these programs to provide high quality care to clients following a harm reduction philosophy.
Who We Are: Ottawa Inner City Health Inc (OICH) provides health care services for people who are chronically homeless with complex health needs. Our programs operate within a harm reduction model and priority for service targets those with co-occurring mental health and substance use disorders. Our role is to coordinate and integrate health care services so that homeless individuals can receive the same quality of health care as other Canadians. Applicants are strongly encouraged to familiarize themselves with harm reduction and its application in the health care setting as well as the programs and services offered by the OICH prior to submitting their resume.
Internal / External: Open to individuals who have a current license as an RPN in the province of Ontario with the College of Nurses. Preference will be given to RPNs who are currently employed by the OICH. CCWs who have completed their RPN preceptorships with OICH may apply.
Position Summary: The RPN provides clinical care to clients who access supervised injection services on site and who may also receive their health care at the TED, Safer Supply, Managed Opioid Program (MOP), and Hospice programs by:
· Providing education on vein care and safe injection practices
· Supervising clients accessing the service to ensure that they are safe and intervene in the event of an overdose.
· Referring patients to the TED program for follow up care, should follow up care be needed from the SIS.
· Collecting data required for program evaluation.
· Following the standard treatment protocols established for the MOP/ SIS/ TED and Hospice programs.
· Monitoring patient’s medical conditions and communicating this information to other clinical staff and programs as appropriate.
· Fielding telephone inquiries regarding the program and facilitating communication between community partners and clinical staff.
· Working with a multidisciplinary team including Peer Workers (people with lived experience of homelessness and / or substance use).
Hours of Work: Shifts are scheduled on a 4-week rotation and include days, evenings, overnights, weekends and holidays. The shifts are 8 and 12 hours.
· Current license as an RPN in the province of Ontario with the College of Nurses.
· Ability / availability to work all shift rotations (including overnights and weekends).
· Direct experience working with Indigenous communities (preferred).
· 2 years’ experience in working with the homeless (preferred).
· Good knowledge of mental health and addictions.
· Ability to follow a harm reduction philosophy in your approach to health care
· Strong organizational skills.
· Good oral communication skills in English, bilingualism in French or Indigenous language an asset. · Familiarity with word processing software and comfort using technology in the workplace.
· Ability to communicate clearly and diplomatically.
Apply for Full Time roles here: https://ottawainnercityhealth.applytojobs.ca/nursing/24749
Apply for Part Time roles here: https://ottawainnercityhealth.applytojobs.ca/nursing/24750
Ottawa Inner City Health welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
**Must provide proof of vaccinations and complete a Vulnerable Sector Police Check**
More search results
Registered Practical Nurse - Inpatient/Outpatient…
Ministry of Children, Community and Social Services
Community Treatment Order (CTO) Case Manager RPN
Canadian Mental Health Association Haliburton Kawartha Pine Ridge
*New Career Opportunities for Licensed Practical …
Registered Practical Nurse - Multi Organ Transpla…
University Health Network
Registered Practical Nurse - LTLD/Geri Rehab (Ful…
University Health Network