Licensed Practical Nurse | Acute
Employee Type: PERMANENT FULL TIME
Bargaining Unit: BCNU
Facility: CARIBOO MEMORIAL HOSPITAL
Location: Williams Lake
Department: CMH Emergency
Reports to: Manager or Designate
Hourly Wage: $31.89 - $40.15
Close date: Open Until Filled
This position may be eligible for relocation allowance. Apply today and ask if you qualify!
Interior Health is currently seeking a Licensed Practical Nurse to join the passionate, energetic Emergency team at the Cariboo Memorial Hospital in Williams Lake, BC.
Who We Are:
Interior Health (IH) is committed to achieving a culturally diverse and inclusive workforce that is representative of the communities we serve, and where you are encouraged to bring your whole self to work. Well-being and work life balance is promoted within the IH team, and our commitment to environmental sustainability supports our primary goal of increasing the health and well-being of everybody in the Interior Health region from our employees to the population we serve.
What We Offer:
We offer a range of employee benefits and services to support you at every stage of your career:
• Employee & Family Assistance Program
• Employer paid training/education opportunities
• Generous Vacation Entitlement
• Employer Paid Health Benefits
• Municipal Pension Plan
• Shift Premiums
• Competitive wages
About the Job:
Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN):
• Performs assessments and plans, implements and provides personal and nursing care to patients in collaboration with the multidisciplinary team; the scope or extent of the skills that the LPN performs varies according to the predictability of the outcome for a given client population
• Administers oral, subcutaneous and intramuscular medications in accordance with pharmaceutical and organizational policies and procedures
• Operates in accordance with the competency guidelines and full scope of practice within the Standards of Practice as outlined by the British Columbia College of Nurses and Midwives (BCCNM), and according to organizational policies, procedures, standards and unit specific protocols
This is a permanent full-time opportunity.
Shifts of work will be scheduled days and nights; rotating from 07:30 to 19:30, 19:30 to 07:30 hours.
About this location/unit:
Cariboo Memorial Hospital (CMH) is a community hospital located in Williams Lake. As a small facility, we provide an opportunity for you to practice with a degree of autonomy that is not possible in a large centre. With a large catchment area that stretches to Bella Coola on the coast, the Cariboo mountains on the east, and a sizeable First Nations population, we have the opportunity to make a real impact in peoples' lives.
Currently the Emergency Room has one trauma room, a minor surgery room, five monitoring bays, a gyne room that is doubles as the negative pressure room, a designated observation room and a two-bay cast room. Our Emergency Room sees approximately 21,000 patient visits a year and the staffing complement consists of a RN/LPN mix, and ED Physician coverage 24/7. The HAU has 3 high acuity beds. We have commenced a 3 year redevelopment that will allow people to have increased access to health-care services as the expanded hospital will include a new emergency department.
By joining our department, you will be part of our talented and cohesive team providing emergency and critical care services to patients and their families. Enjoy a busy and challenging practice working alongside an excellent group of collegial and caring professionals.
Interior Health is an organization where you have room to grow and where life outside of work is just as important to us as it is to you. Apply Today!
See what makes Interior Health a Top Employer!
See why Nursing at Interior Health is such an amazing opportunity!
• Graduation from a recognized program for Practical Nurses or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience
• Current full practicing licensure with the British Columbia College of Nurses and Midwives (BCCNM)
• Current CPR certification required
• Two (2) years recent related experience in an acute care setting
This posting is covered by the Provincial Health Officer’s mandatory COVID-19 vaccination orders and selected applicant(s) must comply.
Interior Health now offers assistance from an Aboriginal Employment Advisor. If you self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) and if you would like assistance with internal career exploration, send your question via email to AboriginalEmployment@interiorhealth.ca to be redirected to the Employment Advisor. We invite applicants to self-identify as First nations, Métis, or Inuit within cover letters and/or resumes.
More search results
Register Practical Nurse – Home Health Care
Job Title Registered Practical Nurse - Haemodialy…
Humber River Hospital
Registered Practical Nurse - 3A Comprehensive Str…
Trillium Health Partners
Registered Practical Nurse - 4D Medicine
Trillium Health Partners