Margaret Bahen Hospice, a division of Better Living Health and Community Services, has an opening for the position of Residential Care Coordinator. The successful candidate will be responsible for managing the referral and admissions process for Margaret Bahen Hospice. This includes working collaboratively with referral partners, conducting the initial assessment of Resident and Caregiver eligibility and needs, working with the healthcare team to plan for admission to the hospice, and coordinating ongoing services to meet the psychosocial needs of the Resident and their Caregivers. The Residential Care Coordinator will report directly to the Director of Care, Margaret Bahen Hospice.
The successful candidate for this position must possess the following qualifications:
- Registered Nurse (RN) or Registered Practical Nurse (RPN) designation required.
- Registered and in good standing with the College of Nurses of Ontario.
- Minimum of 2 years related work experience in community healthcare, long term care or hospital setting. Preference given to individuals with work experience in palliative care.
- Advanced certification in hospice or palliative care nursing an asset.
- Successful completion of Vulnerable Sector Screening within one month of employment.
- Experience working with vulnerable, or high risk populations in a healthcare environment. Preference given to individuals with knowledge of and/or experience in palliative care, community hospice, and residential hospice.
- Demonstrated person-centred approach to service delivery and commitment to hospice philosophy of care.
- Sound judgement, problem solving, and decision making skills.
- Strong assessment skills. Knowledge of Palliative Performance Scale (PPS) and Edmonton Symptom Assessment (ESAS) an asset.
- Excellent interpersonal skills required. Ability to work collaboratively with Residents, Caregivers, community stakeholders, and medical professionals in order to effectively respond to the needs of individuals referred.
- Ability to manage multiple workplace demands through strong organizational, prioritization and time management skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Sound knowledge of community resources in York Region.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills and the demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks and priorities.
- Actively partners with and promotes positive relationships with all stakeholders (e.g. Resident, Caregiver, Peers, community partners).
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite.
- Familiarity with AlayaCare or another electronic medical records system an asset.
The successful candidate for this position must be able to:
- Assesses individual’s eligibility for hospice services, in adherence with Margaret Bahen Hospices’s policies and admission criteria in collaboration with community partners.
- Communicates directly with the LHIN regarding the Bed Registry.
- Triages referrals in accordance with the criteria established by the hospice and in consultation with the Director of Care and the Medical Director, as applicable.
- Manages and responds to community enquiries about residential hospice.
- Manages communications with referral sources and community partners (e.g. LHIN, HPC Team) as it relates to the need for additional information and/or admission status.
- Communicates the bed offer and plans for admission of Residents to Margaret Bahen Hospice in coordination with the Resident and Caregiver, Director of Care, LHIN, community support organizations, and attending physician(s) as applicable.
- Responsible for initial assessment of Resident and Family needs (e.g. physical, psychosocial, social, spiritual) and the development of the admissions Service Plan.
- Collect and maintain up to date admissions, discharge and occupancy data, as required for quality and reporting requirements of the organization.
- Provide assessment and case management support to community hospice as required.
- Maintain good documentation, record keeping, and statistical reporting practices.
- Develops collaborative relationships with other community service providers.
- Advances professional knowledge on an ongoing basis through learning and development opportunities.
- Assist Director of Care with administration, scheduling and other duties as required.
HOURS OF WORK: 30-35 hours/week; flexible weekend hours required
SALARY: Commensurate with education and experience
Please email or fax your cover letter and resume to Human Resources by Monday, January 4, 2019 to:
Please quote “Residential Care Coordinator- MBH” on the cover letter and e-mail subject line.
Better Living is an equal opportunity employer and is in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, Employment Standards Act and Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Applicants need to make their request for accommodation known when contacted. Thank you to all who express interest in this position and we welcome all resumes however only those granted an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please. Thank you.
More search results
REGISTERED PRACTICAL NURSE (R.P.N.) Casual, Part…
Hillel Lodge - Ottawa Jewish Home for the Aged
Full-time/Part-time Nurse - Exceptional Opportuni…
Peak Health Ontario
Fracture Prevention Coordinator., Lakeridge Healt…
Nucleus Independent Living
Nucleus Independent Living