Registered Practical Nurse, Medicine and Seniors Care, Re-activation Unit (Humber Church Site)
WE ARE GROWING!
St. Joseph’s Health Centre, Unity Health Toronto is excited to announce the opening of a 30 bed Transitional Care and Reactivation Care Unit located at Humber Church site (200 Church St.; near Jane Street south of the 401). The Reactivation Care Unit will provide care for adult and geriatric patients who require therapy, reactivation and transition planning in order to transfer to the community and/or other supportive environments. We are now recruiting a dynamic interprofessional team to deliver care to, and with, the patients in this program!
For more details on the location, please follow this link:
This unit will focus on reactivation and transition planning for patients who are waiting transfer to the community and/or other supportive environments. Working as a part of a dedicated, interprofessional team, you will deliver patient centred care designed with best practice principles. This team will work closely with patients, families, and caregivers to provide reactivation therapy with a goal of enhancing and optimizing patient’s functions and engagement in daily routines.
As an employee of Unity Health Toronto, Providence Healthcare, St. Joseph’s Health Centre Toronto and St. Michael's Hospital you will be providing (RN, RPN, HCA) services to this new unit. Effective January 1st, 2019, St. Joseph’s Health Centre is now part of the Healthcare of Ontario Pension Plan (HOOPP).
Full Time and Part Time Opportunities Available!
Must be available for all 3 shifts – days, evenings, nights, and weekends
Must be available to work 12-hour rotations
Salary: $27.812 to $30.186 per hour
The Registered Practical Nurse (RPN) will provide high quality nursing care for a variety of medicine patients within an Interprofessional Collaborative Practice philosophy. Being part of this team means being part of an exciting new initiative to help us support patients along their continuum of care and to shape how care is delivered.
- Currently registered in good standing as a Registered Practical Nurse with the College of Nurses of Ontario.
- Successful completion of a Practical Nursing Diploma Program or equivalent.
- Current BLS /CPR certificate required.
- Recent experience in a rehab, complex continuing care or long-term care facility preferred.
- Demonstrated understanding and commitment to patient and family-centred care.
- Demonstrated ability to organize patient care demands and to set priorities.
- Gentle Persuasive Approach (GPA) training or equivalent is a strong asset.
- Excellent computer skills and competence at using an electronic patient record and other platforms for care delivery.
- Knowledge and experience in falls and pressure ulcer prevention.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to function as an interprofessional team player.
- Strong critical thinking/problem-solving skills.
If you are available, experienced, and interested in working on this team and with patients on our new unit, please apply by clicking the apply button above.
Please note while we value all applicants only those candidates selected for interview will be contacted.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
More search results
Client Care Coordinator - Cay Hospice Program
Hope House Community Hospice
Client Service Supervisor - RN/RPN
Circle of Care
1608 Registered Practical Nurse (RPN)
Registered Practical Nurse (RPN) - Clinic
Saint Elizabeth Health Care
Registered Practical Nurse (RPN)
Chartwell Retirement Residences