Registered Practical Nurse (On-Call/Irregular)
- Ontario Ministry of Community Safety and Correctional Services
- Fort Frances
- Job Category
- Fort Frances, ON
- Job Type
Registered Practical Nurse (On-Call/Irregular)
Are you a conscientious and well-organized Registered Practical Nurse, with a strong commitment to the care and well-being of others? If so, please consider this rewarding opportunity to join the health care team at the Fort Frances Jail.
Fort Frances is located in Northwestern Ontario on the Canada-United States border shared with Minnesota. The town is the judicial, medical, and business centre of the area and offers the advantages of a large city with the convenience of a small town. In Fort Frances, you will find all the amenities desired for a comfortable living; fully serviced land, affordable housing, a developed industrial site and the lowest priced utilities in Northwestern Ontario. Want to know more about Fort Frances? Follow this URL: www.fort-frances.com
The Ontario Public Service offers a progressive work environment that promotes work/life balance, flexible learning and developmental opportunities, including online, training and mentorship programs, and opportunities for career advancement and specialization to our employees.
The Ontario Public Service has been chosen as one of:
• Canada's Top 100 Employers
• Greater Toronto's Top 90 Employers
• Canada's Best Diversity Employers
• Canada's Greenest Employers
• Top Employers for Canadians Under 40
What can I expect to do in this role?
In this role, you will:
• Complete health assessments
• Develop plans of care
• Prepare and administer medications
• Provide emergency and/or urgent care
• Maintain accurate medical records
• Assist with health care discharge planning
• Liaise with other clinical and correctional professionals
Location: Fort Frances
How do I qualify?
• You are currently registered in good standing as a Registered Practical Nurse (RPN) with the College of Nurses of Ontario
• You possess a medication administration certificate and evidence of continuing education in medications
• You are certified in CPR at the BCLS level
Specialized Knowledge and Skills
• You have excellent knowledge of medication administration practices, and standard infection prevention and control practices
• You can interpret and apply relevant legislation (i.e., Personal Health Information Protection Act and Health Care Consent Act)
• You possess exemplary nursing assessment skills
Communication and Interpersonal Skills
• You can communicate effectively and present information in a clear and concise manner
• You can work within an inter-professional team environment ensuring collaboration with inmates, staff and other professionals
• You are proficient in computer software applications to prepare reports, and to input and retrieve data
Salary Range: $24.16 - $26.56 per hour
- 1 Temporary - Irregular On-Call, duration up to 6 months (with possible extension), 310 Nelson St, Fort Frances, North Region, Vulnerable Sector Check, Credit History Check, Local Police Databases Search, PIP/NICHE/RMS
- The successful candidate will be required to undergo a satisfactory criminal reference check prior to the commencement of employment.
- In accordance with the Ontario Public Service (OPS), Employment Screening Checks Policy (ESCP), the top candidate(s) may be required to undergo a security screening check. Refer to the above to determine the screening checks that are required for this position.
You will be responsible for obtaining the criminal record check at your own expense and provide it, along with your written consent, to the Transition and Security Office (TSO), Talent Acquisition Branch (TAB), HR Service Delivery Division (HRSDD) to evaluate the results. If applicable, the TSO, with your written consent, will request and obtain any additional employment screening checks that were not obtained directly by you. (Note: If a Vulnerable Sector Screening Check is required, it must also be obtained in person at your local police service).
A record under the Criminal Code and/or other federal offence record(s) does not automatically mean you will be ineligible for the position. The employment screening check(s) will only be reviewed and evaluated by the TSO for the purpose of making a security clearance decision. The details of an individual's employment screening check(s) will be considered in specific relation to the duties and responsibilities of the position being filled. Employment screening check records will be maintained by the TSO and kept strictly confidential.
Please apply online, only, at www.ontario.ca/careers, quoting Job ID 133210, by Monday, April 8, 2019. Please follow the instructions to submit your application. Faxes are not being accepted at this time.
If you require accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, please contact us at www.gojobs.gov.on.ca/ContactUs.aspx to provide your contact information. Recruitment Services staff will contact you within 48 hours. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Ontario Public Service is an inclusive employer. Accommodation will be provided in accordance with Ontario’s Human Rights Code.
More search results
Client Care Coordinator - Cay Hospice Program
Hope House Community Hospice
Client Service Supervisor - RN/RPN
Circle of Care
1608 Registered Practical Nurse (RPN)
Registered Practical Nurse (RPN) - Clinic
Saint Elizabeth Health Care
Registered Practical Nurse (RPN)
Chartwell Retirement Residences