Administrative Supervisor – Multiple Positions
Full-time and Part-time Opportunities
Nucleus Independent Living is a non-profit organization with over 30 years of experience in providing high quality personal support and essential homemaking services within an independent living philosophy to frail seniors and persons with physical disabilities living within designated areas in Mississauga, Oakville and two Supportive Housing sites in Toronto. Services are available 24/7/365 to enable individuals to remain living independently in their own homes. Our vision is to advance consumer care and compassionate service delivery.
Reporting to the Manager, the Administrative Supervisor provides direction and oversight for the daily coordination and monitoring of support services activities and is accountable for the timely, efficient and accurate coordination, including scheduling, dispatching and management of attendant resources to ensure consumer visit schedule needs and requests for the SDL Program services are met within fiscal and operating targets and Nucleus staff availability.
Key responsibilities include:
- Manage day to day operational activities by providing supervision, leadership, guidance and support to program staff (including training, orientation, discipline etc.).
- Working collaboratively with all members of the team to ensure timely delivery of safe and effective services to all clients/consumers in compliance with Health and Safety Policies, investigating notables, incidents and actioning as required
- Ensuring compliance with documentation and organizational/departmental policies and procedures
- Monitor and manage administrative and medical supplies (Office, Personal Protective Equipment and Health and Safety) in collaboration with Program Manager ensuring appropriate medical supplies are available and distributed for staff use
- Developing and managing relationships with consumers, and responding to unresolved client and family member issues
- Provide direction to the Scheduling team to ensure employee and consumer schedules are consistent, accurate and timely
- Overseeing the master scheduling of employees in consideration of Consumer Service requirements, Collective Agreement provisions, approved vacation and leave requests, and submitting payroll reports on a biweekly basis
- Preparing statistical and administrative reports as required (daily, weekly, biweekly, monthly) and reconciling payroll/agency use invoices
- Participating in employee probationary and annual staff performance appraisals
- Monitoring activities of department through use of technology
- Providing appropriate communications and supportive employee tools
For this dynamic role, your qualifications include:
- Post-secondary education in health/social services discipline. Experience in geriatrics and medical knowledge an asset.
- Minimum three (3) to five (5) years’ supervisory experience in a unionized healthcare environment.
- Experience in coaching and mentoring staff (i.e. leading orientation, implementing processes and procedures, taking on the role of trainer in a train-the-trainer model).
- Ability to work collaboratively with others to meet goals, objectives and outcomes of the SDL program.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal and communication skills, problem-solving and decision making ability.
- Excellent customer service skills and a passion for delivering exceptional service to vulnerable populations.
- Ability to work independently and successfully managing multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Initiative, teamwork and the ability to set priorities and work within a fast-paced and evolving environment.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and demonstrated ability to learn and effectively utilize computer applications. Knowledge and experience with Gold Care and Cell Trak an asset.
Additional requirements include:
- Flexibility to work days, evenings, weekends and holidays on a scheduled rotation (and on call as required), with varying shift lengths (hours of operations 06:00 – 23:00).
Interested and qualified applicants can apply by forwarding their cover letter and resume in PDF Format, including salary expectations, referring Job Posting # 00067 to Human Resources: firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Posting Date: April 10, 2019 Closing Date: Until Filled.
Nucleus Independent Living welcomes and encourages applications from those with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request. All qualified persons are encouraged to apply. We thank all candidates, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted; no phone calls please. Nucleus is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
More search results
Supervisor of PSWs (In Home Nurse)
We're Hiring Registered Practical Nurses!
London Health Sciences Centre
Registered Practical Nurse (RPN)
The Gardens of Peterborough
OR Technician (RPN) PT - Operating Room
Religious Hospitallers of Saint Joseph of the Hotel Dieu of Kingston
Registered Practical Nurse (RPN)
Jarlette Health Services