Nucleus provides personal support and essential homemaking assistance to frail seniors and persons with physical disabilities living within designated areas in Mississauga, Oakville, South Etobicoke and two sites in Toronto. Services are available 24/7/365 to enable individuals to remain living independently in their own homes.
The Supervisor ensures quality care is provided to our consumers by coordinating services, supervising and supporting front line staff.
Key responsibilities include:
- Assess and re-assess the needs of consumers and developing individualized service plans in collaboration with the consumer
- Facilitating the intake, transfer and discharge of consumers to and from the services
- Developing, maintaining and revising individualized service plans and schedules for clients in order to best meet their changing needs
- Developing trusting and supportive professional relationships with consumers
- Assisting consumers to access available resources as required
- Being the primary contact for consumers, coordinating their services and acting as a resource and advocate as required
- Providing daily supervision, leadership, guidance and support to staff in the community
- Participation in hiring, orientation, training, performance appraisals, and performance management of frontline staff
- Managing day-to-day operational activities of service delivery under the direction of the program manager
- Working collaboratively with all members of the team to ensure timely delivery of safe and effective services to all consumers
- Ensure accurate and timely documentation is completed and complies with all policies and procedures of the organization
- Responds to and resolves service compliance in a respectful and compassionate manner consistent with Nucleus values
- Assign work to staff ensuring that they have the required tools and skills to provide high quality services
For this dynamic role, your qualifications include:
- Registered Practical Nurse (preferred) and/or Post-Secondary Education (Bachelor’s degree) in healthcare with a preferred focus on aging and/or disabilities.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and demonstrated problem-solving skills
- Outstanding customer service skills and a passion for delivering exceptional service to vulnerable populations in the community
- Minimum three (3) to five (5) years direct supervisory experience of unregulated healthcare workers
- Experience working in Community healthcare
- Demonstrated experience in care coordination/case management
- Solid working knowledge of PSW scope of practice, roles and functions
- Experience in coaching and mentoring staff (i.e. training, giving feedback and implementing processes and procedures)
- Solid understanding of electronic scheduling software and/or electronic client record. Gold Care experience an asset.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and demonstrated ability to learn and effectively utilize computer applications
- Self-directed and lifelong learner driven by the desire to continuously learn and grow
- Verbal and written fluency in English is required; French would be a strong asset
Additional requirements include:
- Valid driver’s license, access to a reliable vehicle and willingness to travel in the community as required to support staff across Oakville, Mississauga and south Etobicoke
- Flexibility to work days, evenings, weekends and holidays on a scheduled rotation, with varying shift lengths (hours of operations 06:00 – 23:00).
Interested and qualified applicants can apply by forwarding their cover letter and resume, including salary expectations, referencing Job Posting # 056 to Human Resources: email@example.com
Job Posting Date: April 10, 2019 Job Closing Date: Until filled
Nucleus Independent Living welcomes and encourages applications from those with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request. All qualified persons are encouraged to apply. We thank all candidates, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted; no phone calls please. Nucleus is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
More search results
Supervisor of PSWs (In Home Nurse)
We're Hiring Registered Practical Nurses!
London Health Sciences Centre
Registered Practical Nurse (RPN)
The Gardens of Peterborough
OR Technician (RPN) PT - Operating Room
Religious Hospitallers of Saint Joseph of the Hotel Dieu of Kingston
Registered Practical Nurse (RPN)
Jarlette Health Services