- The Gardens of Peterborough
- Job Category
- Peterborough, ON
- Job Type
The Gardens of Peterborough are the premier retirement communities in Peterborough and the Kawarthas. The Gardens offer the most complete range of services, amenities, and Care that you can find – perhaps anywhere. What sets us apart from all others is our service and our commitment to ‘Care’ in everything we do.
As a Registered Practical Nurse within one of our Homes, we will rely upon you to supervise and direct the care given by department staff and others while assisting our residents in their activities of daily living, providing skilled care in an empathetic and nurturing manner. RPNs are responsible for assessing the well-being of residents on an ongoing basis and to ensure that care needs are provided in accordance with care department procedures and individual care plans.
- Assist in assessment of residents’ needs making recommendations for changes to care plans while providing hands-on, clinical nursing care, including medication administration and assisting in the Activities of Daily Living (ADLs) as required.
- Under the direction of the DOC/ADOC, supervise and direct the PSWs in the provision of care in a manner that promotes dignity, compassion, and is in adherence to Care Plans; Keeps DOC informed of all concerns in a timely manner.
- Ensures clear and appropriate communication occurs across the department, residence, and with families; promotes positive relationships with staff, physicians, and external care providers to ensure high quality service is provided to residents and resources are efficiently utilized.
- Completes all required reports, maintaining accurate records or nursing observations and procedures performed in the department in accordance to company policies.
- Actively participates in ongoing professional development including in-services, seminars, and conferences as directed.
- Valid RPN Registration with the Colleges of Nurses of Ontario (CNO).
- Must have comprehensive knowledge of medication administration practices.
- Experience in geriatric nursing considered an asset.
- Must be able to work alternating weekends, varied shifts, call-ins, and holidays as assigned.
- Must have excellent communication, interpersonal, and customer service skills and be able to work as part of a team.
We offer competitive compensation packages and professional development opportunities.
AON Inc. is committed to meeting the accessibility needs of persons with disabilities as part of our hiring process. If you have special requirements, please advise Human Resources during the recruitment and selection process. We welcome and thank all applicants; however only those selected for interview will be contacted.
More search results
Supervisor of PSWs (In Home Nurse)
We're Hiring Registered Practical Nurses!
London Health Sciences Centre
Registered Practical Nurse - Part Time and Full T…
Waterford Kingston Retirement Residence (Sienna Senior Living)
RPN Non-Union-Part time-11pm to 7 am
Sienna Senior Living
OR Technician (RPN) - Operating Room - Temporary,…
Religious Hospitallers of Saint Joseph of the Hotel Dieu of Kingston