Supervisor of PSWs (In Home Nurse)
- North York, ON
- Job Category
- Healthcare Services and Wellness
- Job Type
Supervisor, PSWs (In Home Nurse) RPN/RN
Full Time Position – 37.5 Hours/Week
Client & Family-Centred Care Is At The Heart of Everything We Do At Lumacare! Lumacare believes Client and Family-Centred Care is based on a philosophy of care, treatment and support that empowers Clients to be active and knowledgeable partners in their health care. Whether you join Lumacare in a client facing role, in a leadership capacity, or in a support position, it is essential that every member of our team is passionate about promoting and protecting Client and Family-Centred Care.
You are an RN or an RPN with a particular passion for providing care to older adults. You love using your clinical expertise, and you are looking for an opportunity to do what you love, in a leadership position.
As an active member of the Leadership Team, you will be responsible for supporting the clinical needs of clients in home, delegating control acts within the PSW scope of practice for all Lumacare clients serviced in their home environment.
YOUR ROLE WOULD INVOLVE:
- Provide supervision, direction and on-going support to Community PSWs. Interview, recruit, hire and orientate new staff. Provide staff coaching, mentoring and recognition. Conduct performance evaluations, provides feedback and trains staff. Manage client relationships and complaints.
- Oversee Call centre, reception and support staff coverage for all other areas as required.
- Analyze and manage staffing and service levels.
- Audit medication management processes of PSWs providing service in client’s homes.
- Participate in incident analyses with any events related to medication errors and IPAC.
- Report quarterly on identified indicators.
- Co-Chair the IPAC Committee. Participate in the Medication Management Committee.
- Support Available on-call after hours, as required, to provide support and expertise with respect to medication emergencies. – the supervisor would also be on-call for PSW emergencies on a rotational basis.
- Ensures program targets and funder obligations are achieved, making critical decisions and adjustments as necessary throughout the year to accomplish annual targets.
- Support staff training on medication management, IPAC, Safe Moves, Medical Devices / Equipment as required in partnership with Program Nurse.
Client Care, Controlled Acts and Delegation
- Delegate controlled acts in accordance with the guidelines and principles outlined by the CNO (College of Nurses of Ontario) within the PSW scope of practice.
- Must be an RN or RPN. Current Certificate of Competence in good standing from the College of Nurses of Ontario (‘CNO’) is required.
- A minimum of 3-5 years practical experience as a nurse (RN or RPN), preferably in a Community or Public Health setting.
- A minimum of 3 years supervisory experience of unregulated staff preferred.
- Have experience working with the frail and elderly population.
- Noted expertise in the leadership of medication management and IPAC.
- Experience designing and delivering training presentations an asset but not required – aptitude is acceptable.
- Able to recognize the importance of interpersonal relationships and cross functional collaborations for organizational success.
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills to provide support and direction to staff members in regards to medication management, IPAC and Medical Devices / Equipment.
- Excellent time management skills, self-motivated and able to work both independently and within a team.
- Must have access to a vehicle with a valid driver’s license.
- Immunizations for tuberculosis, varicella (chickenpox), mumps and hepatitis B.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook); familiarity with CIMS is an asset.
- Standard First Aid and CPR Certificate.
- Current Vulnerable Sector Screening Police check (within a year).
- Fluency in another language is an asset.
If you are ready to embark on this journey with us and join the continued growth and success of this organization, this may be the opportunity for you.......
This position will be posted until August 16, 2019. If you are interested please submit a detailed cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Lumacare is a fully accredited agency committed to equity in employment. Our goal is a diverse and inclusive workforce that reflects the communities we serve. We strongly encourage applications from women and men, people from racialized communities, visible minorities, and persons with disabilities, aboriginal persons and people who identify themselves as LGBT. We seek to attract and retain individuals who will work together to create and sustain a vibrant, healthy, safe and caring community.
Notice to Candidates – you will be contacted if you are selected for an interview. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), Lumacare will provide accommodation, accessible formats, and communication supports for the interview upon request.
More search results
Registered Practical Nurse
Geraldton District Hospital
We're Hiring Registered Practical Nurses!
London Health Sciences Centre
Work from Home Occupational Health Nurse
Wellpoint Health Ltd.
College of Nurses of Ontario
Registered Practical Nurse (RPN) (FT & PT Positio…
Sienna Senior Living