- Ministry of the Solicitor General
- Fort Frances
- $25.25 - $27.79 per hour
- Job ID 137480
- Job Category
- Fort Frances, ON
- Job Type
Are you a Registered Practical Nurse with a strong commitment to the care and well-being of others? If so, please consider this rewarding opportunity to join the health care team at the Fort Frances Jail, Ministry of the Solicitor General.
Fort Frances is located in Northwestern Ontario, on the Canada-United States border. In Fort Frances, you will find all the amenities desired for a comfortable living. With a modern community and a diversified economy, this is a place to consider your next career! For more information on Fort Frances, please visit www.fort-frances.com.
Please note that this is a continuous posting ad. The recruitment and selection processes will begin after August 14, 2019. This posting may be extended and available until the position is filled. Please submit your application once, only.
What can I expect to do in this role?
In this role, you will provide nursing care, within the RPN scope of practice as defined by the College of Nurses of Ontario, to patients in stable health care conditions and patients in health care conditions with predicable outcomes. You will:
• Prepare and administer medications
• Monitor effects, side effects and adverse effects of medications and/or treatment
• Report observations to the MD/registered nurse
• Respond to emergencies and urgent care
• Monitor patients' health care status
• Maintain accurate medical records and charts
• Maintain a safe, secure and clean environment
• Liaise with other clinical and correctional professionals
• Practise in accordance with the College of Nurses of Ontario Practice Standards and Ministry expectations
Location: Fort Frances
How do I qualify?
• You are currently registered, in good standing, as a Registered Practical Nurse (RPN) with the College of Nurses of Ontario
Nursing Knowledge and Experience
• You have knowledge of evidence-based practice and procedures to provide nursing services within the RPN scope of practice as defined by the College of Nurses of Ontario
• You have knowledge of relevant legislation (e.g., Regulated Health Professions Act, Health Care Consent Act), and institutional and health care policies and procedures
Analytical and Problem-Solving Skills
• You can elicit, interpret and evaluate information from patients and other sources, identify deviation from normal physiological/psychological process, evaluate information, and assist in the development of treatment plans
• You can evaluate and assess a patient's response to planned health care interventions
• You can assess emergency situations
Teamwork and Computer Skills
• You can work within a multi-disciplinary team environment with a diverse client group, and you have basic computer skills
Communication and Interpersonal Skills
• You can advocate on behalf of patients about health care treatment, explain possible side effects of medications and medical treatment, and promote education and treatment goals
Hours of Work
• This is a temporary, irregularly scheduled/casual position for up to 6 months, with possible extension. The hours of work are 0-40 hours per week. You are expected to work rotating shifts in a health care unit that provides 7 days per week service, up to 24 hours a day.
Salary Range: $25.25 - $27.79 per hour
- 1 Temporary - Irregular On-Call, duration up to 6 months (with possible extension), 310 Nelson St, Fort Frances, North Region, Vulnerable Sector Check, Credit History Check, Local Police Databases Search, PIP/NICHE/RMS
- In accordance with the Ontario Public Service (OPS), Employment Screening Checks Policy (ESCP), the top candidate(s) may be required to undergo a security screening check. Refer to the above to determine the screening checks that are required for this position.
You will be responsible for obtaining the criminal record check at your own expense and provide it, along with your written consent, to the Transition and Security Office (TSO), Talent Acquisition Branch (TAB), HR Service Delivery Division (HRSDD) to evaluate the results. If applicable, the TSO, with your written consent, will request and obtain any additional employment screening checks that were not obtained directly by you. (Note: If a Vulnerable Sector Screening Check is required, it must also be obtained in person at your local police service).
A record under the Criminal Code and/or other federal offence record(s) does not automatically mean you will be ineligible for the position. The employment screening check(s) will only be reviewed and evaluated by the TSO for the purpose of making a security clearance decision. The details of an individual's employment screening check(s) will be considered in specific relation to the duties and responsibilities of the position being filled. Employment screening check records will be maintained by the TSO and kept strictly confidential.
Please apply online, only, at www.ontario.ca/careers, quoting Job ID 137480, by Friday, August 30, 2019. Please follow the instructions to submit your application. The recruitment and selection processes will begin after August 14, 2019. This posting may be extended and available until the position is filled. Please submit your application once, only. If unable to submit online, applications will also be accepted by fax at 705-494-3436 to the attention of Jeff Lamothe.
If you require accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, please contact us at www.gojobs.gov.on.ca/ContactUs.aspx to provide your contact information. Recruitment Services staff will contact you within 48 hours. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Ontario Public Service is an inclusive employer. Accommodation will be provided in accordance with Ontario’s Human Rights Code.
More search results
Registered Practical Nurse
Geraldton District Hospital
We're Hiring Registered Practical Nurses!
London Health Sciences Centre
Work from Home Occupational Health Nurse
Wellpoint Health Ltd.
Registered Practical Nurse (RPN) (FT & PT Positio…
Sienna Senior Living
Support Services Coordinator - Clinical
Momiji Health Care Society