- College of Nurses of Ontario
- Toronto, ON
- 19-54, 19-56, 19-57, 19-58, 19-71, 19-82
- Job Category
- Healthcare Services and Wellness
- Toronto, ON
- Job Type
Job Title: Investigator
Job Status: Permanent (x6) Temporary (x1)
Job Reference: 19-54, 19-56, 19-57, 19-58, 19-71, 19-82
INVESTIGATOR, Professional Conduct
Join a collaborative and professional environment to work with highly engaged colleagues, where you will utilize your nursing, risk management, legal or business experience and knowledge to protect the public.
Working with staff in the Professional Conduct department, you will carry out investigative processes, beginning with the receipt of information about College members, to the final disposition of matters by a statutory committee. You will apply your knowledge and experience to:
- Assess incoming information for risk to the public
- Analyze information to determine the most appropriate regulatory response, including:
- Facilitating alternative dispute resolutions, facility resolutions, or other remedial activities;
- Conducting health inquiries regarding the capacity of nurses to practice safely; and
- Conducting investigations into the competence and practice of nurses
We have several temporary and permanent positions available and offer an excellent compensation program, including:
- As a HOOPP employer in January 2020, all employees will have the opportunity to participate in the define benefit Healthcare of Ontario Pension Plan;
- Flexible work arrangements, including the opportunity to telework; and
- For permanent employees – a very competitive benefits program where the cost of premiums is fully paid by the employer, along with generous paid time away allotments.
We are seeking candidates who have at least 3 to 5 years of professional work experience and:
- Are registered or eligible for registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario, or
- Possess a legal, risk management or business educational background
Qualified candidates should demonstrate the following:
- Knowledge of or experience in risk management, investigations, quality practice, professional regulation, dispute resolution and procedural fairness
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment by using excellent case management skills to achieve results within expected timelines
- Use of established business processes and strategies that support the ability to work independently
- Sound analytical and problem solving skills, with the ability to synthesize and present complex information in an objective and reasoned manner
- Superior verbal and written communication skills and ability to professionally engage a variety of stakeholders, particularly members of the public
Hiring Range: $86,582- $90,256
Full Salary Range: $86,582 - $103,104
Please email cover letter and resume by August 23, 2019 at 4:00pm EST to firstname.lastname@example.org. Indicate interest in permanent or temporary role, and submit a separate application for each role type.
Candidates should be prepared to attend interviews from September 26th – October 2nd, 2019.
Thank you for your interest. No agencies, please.
We are committed to employment equity and encourage applications from all qualified candidates. CNO offers accommodation for applicants with disabilities in its recruitment processes. If you are contacted about a career opportunity or testing, please let us know if you require accommodation.
More search results
Director of Wellness
Sienna Senior Living
Registered Practical Nurse - Foot Care Nurse
Weeneebayko Area Health Authority
REGISTERED PRACTICAL NURSE
Joseph Brant Hospital
We’re Hiring Registered Practical Nurses!
London Health Sciences Centre
St Joseph's Healthcare Hamilton