Wellpoint Health is a leading national occupational health and safety company. Our Vision is to be the first and only point of contact to keep our customer’s workforce healthy, productive and safe. We have been recognized by Profit 500 as one of the fastest growing businesses in Canada. As a workplace health and safety company in Canada, we provide a full range of services including Medical Assessments, Disability Case Management, Wellness, Prevention and Compliance programs. Our services help our customers improve employee health, attendance, and productivity, strengthening their business and improving their bottom line. Our focus is on delivering high quality services and we understand that the backbone of these services is built upon a foundation of great employees. We are looking for committed, high energy individuals to grow with our organization.
Exciting things we offer to our Team
- Competitive Benefit Plan including Health and Dental, because we care about our employees
- A Personal Spending Account
- Corporate gym memberships
- Educational Reimbursement, because we believe in personal and professional development
- Training & Development, we focus on individual development plan
- Monthly employee recognition program
- Team and Corporate events
Purpose of the position:
This position is focused on using a new approach to helping employees return to work. The primary responsibility of this position is to facilitate appropriate and timely healthcare with the focus on employee return-to-work and the return to maximum functionality. This is accomplished by providing an assessment and guidance at the time of a workplace injury telephonically. The nurse utilizes evidence-based guidelines and employs best practices that require early intervention and the setting of realistic expectations for recovery and return to work.
We are currently hiring for full-time and part-time positions to start immediately. There will be a 1 week on-site paid training period.
This is a 24/7 operation. Our shifts are:
Monday to Sunday – Days 8AM to 4PM, Afternoons 4PM – 12AM or overnight 12AM - 8AM
This is a unique and exciting opportunity to work from a home office as an Occupational Health Nurse.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Provide Telephonic injury intervention management to employees from a home based office within an occupational health care setting.
- Act as a resource to our client in the development of worker health maintenance programs.
- Maintain an accurate, timely and premium record keeping system.
- Participate in Quality Assurance activities during down time.
- Maintain regulatory compliance.
- Maintain positive relationships with our external stakeholders.
- Evaluate Injury Intervention Services.
- Maintain confidentiality as per the College of Nurses.
- Demonstrate a working knowledge and understanding of Duty to Accommodate, Employment Equity Act, Workplace Safety and Insurance Act, Human Rights Legislation, Accessibility Ontario Disability Act (AODA), Occupational Health and Safety Act.
- Participate in professional nursing organizations and assume responsibility for professional growth and development.
- Proficient in computer programs including Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Ability to identify appropriate injury management and best practice recovery guidelines.
- Act as a resource to our client when developing and maintaining a safe work environment.
- Ability to work in a cooperative/ collaborative manner to achieve a desired result.
- Demonstrate the ability to maintain strict confidentiality in all areas of work.
- Excellent problem-solving abilities, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to work independently with remote support from our team of nurses and physicians as needed.
Wellpoint is committed to accessibility for persons with disabilities. Upon individual request, Wellpoint will endeavor to remove barriers to the hiring process to accommodate those candidates with disabilities. Should any applicant require accommodation through the application, interview or selection process, please contact Human resources for assistance.
More search results
Registered Practical Nurse
Geraldton District Hospital
We're Hiring Registered Practical Nurses!
London Health Sciences Centre
College of Nurses of Ontario
Registered Practical Nurse (RPN) (FT & PT Positio…
Sienna Senior Living
Support Services Coordinator - Clinical
Momiji Health Care Society