Registered Practical Nurse
Registered Practical Nurse
Regular Part-time Position
Geraldton District Hospital is seeking a RPN to deliver quality, coordinated, patient and family centered care. This position is under the CUPE collective agreement.
- Systematically assesses the health status and accurately records and reports all data collected
- Coordinates and/or carries out nursing actions related to the prescribed plan of care
- Evaluates and describes the outcome of specific interventions
- Acts as a liaison for the patient/resident; ensures that the patient/resident and/or family are involved in decision-making regarding their care
- Participates as a member of the Interdisciplinary Team
- Ensures hospital records are maintained
- Uses the RAI-MDS to assess, plan and evaluate resident care (LTC)
- Participates in daily care conferences, reviewing pertinent information and resident care plans
- Monitors the delivery of care and communicates with PSW and LTC Coordinator regularly)
- Reports immediately to the Long-Term Care Nurse Manager or Registered Nurse in charge any critical change in a patient/resident’s physical or cognitive status.
- Refers and reports pertinent information related to patient/resident care
- Functions within the Standards of Nursing Practice for Registered Practical Nurses
- Effectively utilizes the nursing process to assess, plan, implement and evaluate the nursing care of the patient/resident for whom they have been assigned
- Plans, organizes and establishes priorities based on individual patient/resident needs and scheduled activities, and adjusts priorities and activities in response to unanticipated events.
- Identifying and recognizing abnormal or unexpected patient/resident responses and taking action appropriately
- Assists the Registered Nurse in providing nursing care to patients/residents whose conditions are not stabilized
- Graduate of an accredited Registered Practical Nurse program. With current registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Full scope of practice skills required with recent, related experience preferred
- Certificate in Gerontological nursing preferred
- Computer skills, including Mede-Care, Meditech and Microsoft Office
- Ability to work as a team member with a minimum supervision and to work rotating shifts
If you interested in combining a fulfilling lifestyle with a challenging opportunity, please submit your application and resume in confidence, by email, to firstname.lastname@example.org
Geraldton District Hospital is committed to workplace diversity and provides accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process.
More search results
Director of Wellness
Sienna Senior Living
Registered Practical Nurse - Foot Care Nurse
Weeneebayko Area Health Authority
REGISTERED PRACTICAL NURSE
Joseph Brant Hospital
We’re Hiring Registered Practical Nurses!
London Health Sciences Centre
St Joseph's Healthcare Hamilton