Registered Practical Nurse (Inpatient/Outpatient Services)
- Ministry of Children, Community and Social Services
- $25.77 - $28.35 Per Hour
- Job Category
- London, ON
- Job Type
Registered Practical Nurse (Inpatient/Outpatient Services)
Child and Parent Resource Institute (CPRI), Ministry of Children, Community and Social Services, provides trauma-informed and highly specialized services for children and youth of Ontario who experience complex and long-standing combinations of mental health difficulties and/or developmental challenges, and where these difficulties significantly impact functioning in multiple areas, such as home, school and community, and appropriate community interventions have not produced the desired response. CPRI provides services that are based on a partnership model with community service providers. Our services include Assessment, Consultation, Treatment, Research and Education in both outpatient and inpatient services.
CPRI is looking for three Registered Practical Nurses (RPNs) to provide nursing care to children and youth (from birth to 18 years) with complex developmental and medical needs. If you have a strong commitment to the care and well-being of others, don't miss this opportunity!
We are currently hiring for two Permanent, Full-Time (40 hours per week) positions and one Permanent, Part-Time position (24 hours per week).
What can I expect to do in this role?
Working in the CPRI Mental Health and Developmental Delay Units, you will practise independently, within the RPN scope of practice as defined by the College of Nurses of Ontario, to provide nursing care to clients in stable health care conditions and in health care conditions with predicable outcomes. You will:
• Collaborate with a multi-disciplinary clinical team to provide nursing care to children and youth with complex medical and development needs, with a focus on neuro-developmental pediatrics, complex mental health care, complex special needs, and developmental disabilities
• Document the assessment, intervention and evaluation of nursing care
• Actively participate in the communication and collaborative processes within the residence, and with families and community health care providers, to ensure an optimum and integrated approach to care is maintained
• Participate in, and support, various research and education initiatives
• Practise in accordance with the College of Nurses of Ontario Practice Standards and ministry expectations
How do I qualify?
• You must be registered in good standing as a Registered Practical Nurse (RPN) with the College of Nurses of Ontario prior to a confirmed offer
• You will be required to provide a copy of your medical administration certificate if you graduated from the PN program prior to year 2005
Nursing Knowledge and Experience
• You have knowledge of evidence-based practices, and experience in providing pediatric nursing care within the RPN scope of practice as defined by the College of Nurses of Ontario
• You have knowledge of professional, community and facility resources to assist in the care and treatment of the child and youth, and to provide support to their families
• You have knowledge of relevant legislation (Child and Family Services Act, Regulated Health Professions Act, Health Care Consent Act) and professional nursing standards/guidelines to develop treatment plans for clients
Other Essential Skills
• You have strong problem-solving and organizational skills to plan and implement client care, and evaluate clients' developmental and health status within established timelines
• You have strong written and oral communication skills and you can work collaboratively on a multi-disciplinary team
Hours of Work
• The hours of work for the permanent full-time position are 40 hours per week. The hours of work for the permanent, part-time position are 24 hours per week. You may be required to perform shift work, including mornings, afternoons, nights, weekends and/or statutory holidays.
Salary Range: $25.77 - $28.35 Per Hour
- 2 Permanent – Full-Time, 600 Sanatorium Rd, London, West Region, Vulnerable Sector Check
- 1 Permanent - Regular Part-Time, 600 Sanatorium Rd, London, West Region, Vulnerable Sector Check
- In accordance with the Ontario Public Service (OPS), Employment Screening Checks Policy (ESCP), the top candidate(s) may be required to undergo a security screening check. Refer to the above to determine the screening checks that are required for this position.
Required security screening checks along with your written consent, will be sent to the Transition and Security Office (TSO), Talent Acquisition Branch (TAB), HR Service Delivery Division (HRSDD) to evaluate the results. If applicable, the TSO, with your written consent, will request and obtain any additional employment screening checks that were not obtained directly by you.
A record under the Criminal Code and/or other federal offence record(s) does not automatically mean you will be ineligible for the position. The employment screening check(s) will only be reviewed and evaluated by the TSO for the purpose of making a security clearance decision. The details of an individual's employment screening check(s) will be considered in specific relation to the duties and responsibilities of the position being filled. Employment screening check records will be maintained by the TSO and kept strictly confidential.
Please apply online, only, at www.ontario.ca/careers, quoting Job ID 161167, by Thursday, April 15, 2021. Please follow the instructions to submit your application. Faxes are not being accepted at this time.
If you require a disability-related accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, please contact us at www.gojobs.gov.on.ca/ContactUs.aspx to provide your contact information. Recruitment Services staff will contact you within 48 hours. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Ontario Public Service is an inclusive employer. Accommodation will be provided in accordance with Ontario’s Human Rights Code.